Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday

I wasn't aware that I was sleeping badly but I woke up this morning more refreshed than I have for a while - and I'm putting it down to the painkillers! It's good to know, though, that commonsense is still alive and well. When I mentioned to the doctor yesterday that I had, since the injury, begun sleeping on only one pillow (rather than the usual two) and he thought that was a very good idea.

M went off to Brisbane for another seminar today and swung by Latimers on her return on her way to Broadbeach - where she has been invited to a dinner. While she was here, she fed the furries. It could just be my imagination, but I would swear they meow louder when they're all circling in the kitchen, like sharks, waiting for the food to come down from bench height.

ROM isn't back from its service yet - and it's just as well that it's been raining since this morning - and is likely to continue on over the weekend - otherwise mower-withdrawals may have set in. Mind you, that wouldn't have been me because S and I are off to Toowoomba for the weekend to help Mum celebrate her birthday. Hopefully the weather will be kind and it won't be raining so hard that we can't see a couple of metres in front of us. We've certainly had that before and I'd prefer not to have to drive in those conditions.

S made a wonderful spaghetti bolognese for dinner this evening - and there's nothing that pulls at the heartstrings as much as Pearl looking up at you with big doleful eyes because she thinks she should be having some too. She seems to be hungrier than she normally is - could it have something to do with the weather turning a bit cooler and a bit wetter? - and she's started to sneak the cats' cookies as they're eating them. Yes, yes, we know that she's a dog and it's in her nature - but sometimes we expect better behaviour from her.

The cats stay fairly close to home when it's wet. When I came in this afternoon, Pearl, Beazley and Maggie were all with S (who was letting me in) and I asked if Tink was around as well - S assured me she wasn't, she hadn't seen her for a while - and that seemed reasonable enough, until she moved a step to the left (her right) to reveal Tink on the rug - and S hadn't even realised she was there. Of course, once the rain subsided they were out again - but it was nice to have their company if only for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment