Friday, February 24, 2012

Wednesday

B zoomed by in his ute this afternoon - hunting for fuel for his next bonfire. He stopped and picked up the branches from under the Bohemia Tree - putting them on top of the pallets already on the ute - before zooming back out the yard on his way to what would become the scene of the fire.

It was my first time at Zarraffa's during the afternoon this week - I have been going straight home after work to give my neck the best chance of recovery. I think I have finally worked out what the problem is ... all the looking up while I was helping M when she pruned Saturday afternoon. The good news is that I have finally found my anti-inflammatories - the pills I was taking yesterday turned out to be just painkillers - and even though they were prescription-issue, they really weren't touching it much ... it took nearly two hours for the pain to abate after I took them.

S is being fabulous - because it hurts when I bend over and move my head, she has taken over the cat litter tray in the morning - and this is very much appreciated. The good news for her ... and for me ... is that I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow so hopefully he will be able to suggest something to help with the pain management. It certainly doesn't do anything for my (usually) sunny disposition.

S was determined that she would win at Bingo today - and she did - taking out the first game of the day with a full house. I could be wrong but I think I can hear/feel another visit to Spotlight coming on.

M dropped in for a quick chat while I was at Zarraffas before taking herself in to The Big House for another go at Rapid Reel (or the duelling poker machines) - alas, she didn't make it into the semi-finals this time. Hmmmm ... I wonder if it was because she didn't have a big enough cheering squad with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment