Thursday, February 9, 2012

Monday

I'll have to check with S and M whether they received one,  but today I had an SMS on my phone informing me that I had won £615, 000,000 - all I had to do was send them all my details ... and they didn't even want my banking details!  I hope it wasn't foolish to delete the message without responding - or before I'd looked up the exchange rate to see how much my £615, 000,000 is worth in Australian dollars.   It puts the $ 31 million one person here in Australia won in the PowerBall to shame (was that only last week?).

D came yesterday to slash but was thwarted by a flat tyre on the tractor - so now M is in search of someone to come and fix it or,  failing that, a way to get it to the tyre place for them to (a) diagnose the problem and then (b) fix it and then (c) get the tyre back on the tractor.  It is a tubeless tyre and I'm not quite sure how they work - but chances are they won't be solid rubber like in the olden days.   Mind you,  I did see something a couple of years back where one of the tyre companies was working on a wheel/tyre not unlike that of a bicycle with "spokes" radiating out from a central hub and solid rubber (no inner tube) running around the outside.  Mind you,  it may not have been a goer - I think tyre companies rely on tyres wearing out and people getting punctures and this new design looked as though it could fail on both those counts.

S and I had a Skype call this afternoon with L & E in Sydney and that was good - and it was nice to sit in the back area, outside,  for that.   While we chatted,  M took care of the rubbish - taking it up to the road - and took the opportunity to follow the pink triangles affixed to light poles which seemed to be pointing somewhere.   She followed them a good way (to the Dam) but they kept going so in the end she turned around and came back.  It remains a mystery until we have some more time to investigate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment