Friday, February 24, 2012

Monday

The Great K rang at lunchtime today saying he was planning to come back to the Coast this evening and would it be okay if we could give him a lift from the airport. Not a problem I told him - knowing that either I or M would be able to do it. I had hoped the planets would align so S and I could go to dinner at The Beach Shack at Currumbin and then swing by the airport to collect The Great K afterwards, but when I rang to check, they told me they were closed Monday nights.

As it turned out, M, who had been planning to be in this evening, phoned late afternoon (her phone had chosen to have a day at home - which explained why she hadn't replied to the call I'd placed to her after I heard from The Great K) - and she said she would collect him. I wasn't going to argue ... well, I did try, but I didn't get very far - so I continued on with the mowing. ROM is due to go off for a service on Wednesday so I wanted to make sure that we did as much mowing as we could - just in case it doesn't come back as quickly as we want or expect and then are forced to watch the lawn grow longer and longer. I don't think using the tractor and slasher is an option for the house yard. I managed to get most of it done before the drive belt came off ROM again. M who knows about these things had a quick look before she took herself off to the airport and she can get fix it in the morning if she wants to do some more of Hermes' paddock.

I had an early night, even before M and the Great K arrived back from the airport (The Great K had left his car here) - I have developed a sore neck - must have been something I did, but I'm not quite sure what. Hopefully it will have fixed itself by morning - and then I can find out how the Great K went in Sydney.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment