Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Saturday

We tried a new place for breakfast this morning - raw, at Sanctuary Cove.  M had read about it and the menu looked pretty good - including nutella pancakes (which none of us had), baked eggs (S), vege stack (M) and the Big Brekky (me - because it included Bangalow sausages which I'd been trying to have at Bumbles at Budds Beach for a while but they haven't had it for some time).   When we saw the nutella pancakes, we were pleased that we hadn't had them - we had thought they would be filled with nutella rather than having nutella trowelled over each of the three pancakes they served.  

It was a nice setting though - at the Marina - and M took us for a drive around so we could see what it was like. I was surprised at how homogenous it was - the same white houses with the same green lawns.  But there are McMansions and other different houses on the older part of the island.  We didn't see them today though. 

S & M went to a movie at Harbour Town (Any Questions for Ben) while I took myself off for a much-needed walk around the complex. I don't think I have ever walked all the way around.  It's pretty big and there are so many shops it was hard not to fall into a few ... but I was restrained and bought only one pair of shoes from the New Balance shop - which they have to order in so I didn't even get to carry them out with me!  

I managed to squeeze in some ROM this afternoon - but even though I was excited to do it, I was a little disappointed because it definitely was not my best mow ever.  I just couldn't seem to get the geography in my mind to do the most efficient mow.  Also, the cutting deck's a bit down on one side again which leads to a not-totally-even finish.  M says it (ROM) is about to go off for service and as well as the service, she'll get them to look at the drive belt, and the deck.  

Dinner tonight was at The Big House - Food Fantasy - to celebrate M's birthday which is actually tomorrow.  M and A picked up the tab (thank you!!) and it was a really nice evening - even if the prawns were a little salty!  M, taking advantage of M being only a day away from being eligible for a Seniors Card, attached an application form to the front of his birthday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment