Saturday, January 25, 2014

Friday 24 January

There was so much bird life around Latimers when I took Pearl for her walk up the lane this morning, that I couldn't help feeling like Tipi Hedron. There were crows, small finches with blue faces, ducks, and over near the shed that B built (and that shed is massive) there was a tree with a cover of cockatoos. Meanwhile, closer to the ground, Choo Choo was over near the fence, wind-sucking, Some things don't change.

Back at home, Tinka had taken up a position behind the car and I couldn't even think about driving off until I had moved her. Luckily she wasn't as difficult as she sometimes is - but I still kept my eye on her in case she decided to duck back behind Lars.

Sunrise was on the television set at Maccas this morning - and the captioner was brilliant - I can't even remember what "bee Leisel Jones rent" was supposed to be - but the piece on Justin Beiber's release from a Miami jail where he "yum 007'd on the top of the car" was self-explanatory ... well kind of. At least there was vision of him jumping up to sit on top of his car to make it easier to interpret.

AC reminded me at work yesterday that I had said I would bring in my Roomerang - a toy like a boomerang which can be used inside without breaking furniture or windows or people. I took it in today after lunch and we had a good play - and, not surprisingly, when AC took it next door for our playmate Sean to have a go, he looked at it ... no, studied it from different angles, and then, when he was satisfied, he threw it, had it come back to him exactly as it should - and all of that on his first go. We weren't so good - and Da went so far as to say he kept missing it because of the air-conditioning!

Family N Friends dinner tonight was at Zen - thanks M! It was wonderful and while we may have ordered a tad too much, there was no way those honey prawns were being sent back to the kitchen. And, amazingly, there was still room for a coffee - and for Sooz, some of a ShowBoat, before we called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment