Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Monday 27 January

The foal

Everyone was asleep when I woke up this morning - I couldn't afford to sleep in again … I have to start getting in to my routine ready for work tomorrow! So, being as quiet as I could, I gathered up the camera and set out up the road to see if I could snap the blue-faced finches I'd noticed the other day.

There was some wildlife out but by the time I was up at B's shed, I realised the foal was in the end yard and I settled in to take some photographs of him and his mother. It was hard … he obviously doesn't mind people because he kept trotting over to the fence to have a pat - and to try to have a little nuzzle - or was that nibble?

More horses

Otherwise it was a fairly quiet day: not discouraged (although I should be) after “Sisterland” I have moved on to “The Atlantis Gene” by A.G. Riddle - which reminds me, in its “written for television” style (short chapters interweaving different locations and action), of Michael Crichton. It's no Jurassic Park though … but it is keeping my interest and I am keen to see how the two heros are thrown together … that may be a few pages away now.

The other thing I did today was have an afternoon nap … a little longer than a nana nap but not a big sleep but still working towards decreasing that sleep deficit after the weekend at The Big House … and while I know that it was self-inflicted - it doesn't help to be reminded so.

And even though it is a Public Holiday, Southport RSL Trivia was on. On the way, we didn't take the rubbish to the road (or the recycling) and when we arrived home M had done both.

Trivia was great. We were in the tie-break for third and managed to get closest to the correct year. The question: in what year did JJJ start broadcasting. The answer was 1974 … we said 1973. It has been a while since we've been on the podium so it was a nice change … and a suitable “welcome back” for An!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment