Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tuesday 14 January

Is there anything as awkward looking as someone putting their own eye drops in?  Yes, I know someone would have helped if I'd asked, but there is a point that one needs to take their independence back ... but I guess that time hasn't come yet.  

Lu and Pa went home today - but not before we had had a good chat with Lu last night about her existing dilemma with her folks - the question of whether she would be allowed to continue seeing her beau (18) while she is still at school (and 15 ... and despite how much she says she's nearly 16 - when there's still 10 months until her birthday, it doesn't really count).  It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds. 

Even though they had been really hanging out to see Frozen with us, the kids were disappointed.  When they (Sooz, them and M) arrived at the cinema - nearly half an hour early - and joined the end of a very long queue there was always a chance they were going to miss out because they couldn't get in ... and that's exactly what happened.  I should have thought to warn them - because the line when I went last week was ultra long as well.  I guess this is where the booking online works such a treat. 

I think Sooz was of two minds when Pa and Lu finally left ... she's been with them over a week non-stop - and while she said it was much quieter without them, I think she's also missing them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment