Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tuesday 28 January

AC and the calculator

It's always a bit hard to go back to work after a long weekend - and today was no exception. It was good though ... the girls were in good form and there was tons to do. At one point, talk turned to computers (the server was being a bit difficult again ... it has been intermittently since we moved over to the new platform) and we were talking about our first computers ... and then calculators. Le is young enough to have grown up with calculators, but not so much AC who did have calculators in her high school years ... where they used them to spell out words. She showed us how this afternoon.

Clique photo challenge for the month is "water". I've started thinking about it already ... unfortunately most of the images that are coming to mind (not easy because I am not really able to visualise which is probably why I take so many photographs) are derivative. Hmm. I have a few weeks to work on it though ... and I have a feeling that no body of water will be safe until I put my competition entry in.

Pearl's bare patch

I took Pearl for a walk down the lane this afternoon while S was feeding the feline furries. She really is walking and running much better these days (that would be Pearl) and although she is still puffing a bit, it's no-where as bad as it used to be. Her fur, from where it was shaved for the ultrasound a while ago, is growing back ... but very slowly. Given she has three coats of fur, and the first one isn't properly in yet, I wonder if she's going to be wearing her nightie a lot more in Winter to keep her warm.

Sooz's surprise

I spent part of the evening paying bills - a very tiring task indeed - and reworking my "to do" list and by the time I went to bed, ostensibly to have a lie down and unkink my back, I was exhausted, and it wasn't long until I succumbed, put on CP and went into the land of Nod.

Oh, and one more thing ... Sooz did the nicest thing for me yesterday. While I was having my afternoon nap, she ironed my work shirts for me! How lucky am I? Hmmmm ,,, I wonder who will iron them next time ... I think it will probably be me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment