Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wednesday 29 January

How can it be Hump Day after only one day of work? Pretty good, hey? There were no complaints at work - in fact, it wasn't me who pointed out, but AC - and she was bordering on very very happy with the realisation.

I had a brief encounter with M this morning just as I was about to run out. She bore not so good tidings - Mi's father has taken a turn for the worse and Mi will be leaving for Pristina almost immediately - she would be going today except her passport has expired and she's having to get an emergency one. Hopefully it will arrive in time for her to catch a flight on Thursday. Her pregnant sister won't be able to make the trip from New Zealand, but her other sister, is already over there. Hopefully their father will rally, as he did last time, but I think they are prepared for the worst.

Wednesday is Breakfast and Bingo Day. It is sometimes Aqua Day as well - but not today. Alas, there were no Winners are Grinners at Bingo today - but Em was there and they all had a good time. (And was that grapes leftover from morning tea I spied in the fridge?)

Mouse and M went off to Brisbane this afternoon - M had an errand to run (picking up her watch which has had a new battery and water pressure test) and they were staying overnight there. They will meet Mi at the airport tomorrow to see her off.

Sooz was home alone this afternoon - until I arrived home - but she won't be tomorrow. Je is due and, as well, Bi from Neilsens. We are about to lose our ability to change the face of television in this country. I'm not sure how long the ratings box has been at Latimers but I do know that they have done an amazing job of monitoring viewing habits ... if the television was on and no-one was signed in, they would phone the next day to find out what was happening! You do have to wonder about the validity of the ratings though - because I know there was no way they could pick up on all the series and television I have watched over the time ... using DVDs on a portable player ... that type of thing. But, I suppose, that isn't something they can sell advertising space on (yet!) so probably it's not what they're interested in tracking.

Tinka (oops ... bad angle)

It was a relatively quiet evening and when I started lockdown, I was surprised to find Tinka making her way into the bedroom. She settled for a bit, went back out, and by the time I arrived back after cleaning my teeth, she had taken up residence. I'm happy to have her ... but sometimes I wish she would share just a little more. Pearl slept in the breezeway outside the room. Maggie continued her sleeping (she had been there most of the evening) on top of the lounge. I think they all know their mother is away ... there appeared to be no waiting up this evening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment