Monday, January 27, 2014

Sunday (26 January)

No longer letterboxes

M had news yesterday - a driver had missed the corner at the road end of the lane - and taken out the letterboxes and left a sizeable hole in Da's fence. Luckily there was no-one between him and the fence - and M reported he wasn't injured - so that was good. And Sooz was telling me later that M had only been talking about it being time for a new letterbox a short while ago. I guess that could be a case of “be careful what you wish for”.

The call with Tr went well this morning - except for a couple of minor technical difficulties. Because it was raining, I couldn't take the call poolside so I went into Spinners and Peter, one of the waiters there, put me into the closed section so I wouldn't be disturbed and wouldn't disturb others. And, of course, I had coffee while I was there so everyone was happy!

Green and Gold!

Then, breakfast - at Spinners - almost a repeat of yesterday except Sooz had toast this morning as well rather than pancakes. The fruit salad was good too - although not quite as good as yesterday. We thought it might have something to do with the catering they would be doing for the various Australia Day activities happening at The Big House. M and Mouse are off to a Seafood Extravanganza and they were very nicely colour-coordinated in their green and gold outfits.

Back at home, the furries were having a lazy day - in various reposes around the house. M had been busy though - I'm not sure if it was yesterday (in amongst her other chores) or earlier today - but she has started weeding around near the BBQ and the bin was still there so there may be more to come (or go).

Weeding in progress

S came over this after (from L's) to ask what had happened to the letterboxes and who had the details - because, and I think we had know this, their letterbox - a little house if memory serves me correctly - had cost a few hundred dollars. We had thought that one of the boys would have let them know - but no! I told him what I could - referring him to B and D - but he still was not a happy chap.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world, M and Mouse were still enjoying Australia Day - E's Garage Sale, Zarraffas (and Australia Day lamingtons - and she brought some home for us - thanks M), the International Food Festival at the Mosque, back to Mouses's to watch the tennis, and then off to The Big House to catch up with E and Fl. That's what you'd have to call a very full Australia Day!

Sooz and I had a full day too although it was more of the catch up with the news, reading, series and some pods. You have to love long weekends! (Shirt ironing comes tomorrow!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment