Saturday, January 25, 2014

Thursday 23 January

I think it may be a new record ... 8.5 hours to drink a cup of coffee. I checked after I had drained the last mouthful - and was not surprised, although many would be if they did not have my "sippy cup" to know that it was still warm.

It rained today - a lot - but that's good, because we really do need it - and they need it other places as well ... someone was telling me that they'd be out past Dalby just after Christmas and there wasn't a blade of grass to be seen. I know they say there isn't any climate change happening ... and yes, this might be a cyclical event ... but it does seem that places that should be cold are hot, and places that should be hot are cold ... there's something happening.

I went back to the hairdressers this afternoon - I don't usually go back within a week - but, I have to admit, Sooz was right ... it does look and feel much better now that I've had the back trimmed a bit more. What Sooz didn't realise until I got home was that part of my visit to the hairdressers this afternoon also included a trip into ... the beauty room. Who knew waxing would hurt that much ... luckily it stopped shortly afterwards, and when I talked with the beauty therapist about the waxing I had seen on the Footy Show, which looked incredibly painful, she shrugged and said "they're putting it on".

Sooz and I caught up with Jo, Ke and Ra tonight at dinner at the Advancetown Hotel. I finally had my Nerang RSL card with me and was rewarded with 600 bonus points - 200 for every menu item. It was was good of them to come down to us this time - partly, I think, because Ke isn't working tomorrow - he's having a four-day weekend (Friday off for his birthday, and then the Australia Day holiday on Monday). Jo had photographs (physical ones!!!) from their Canada trip - she'd taken them on her (then) new iPhoneC and they didn't turn out too badly at all. No one mentioned Ka I noticed (and when we talked about it later, Sooz had noticed as well. It just hasn't been the same for them since Ka turned 18 and thought she had immediately graduated into adulthood.)

The good news was that even though we had met at 6.30 at the pub, by the time we had dinner and a natter, we were still home early-ish and I was able to fit a couple of jobs in before I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment