Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday 11 January

I managed to crawl out of bed at a reasonable hour this morning and after having a shower and deciding that I was fit to drive, I set out for OfficeWorks in Southport to buy a cable for the tablet before making my way to TBH for breakfast - I have been craving their toast since M mentioned it the other day. She had been up early and out to Deep Water Running - it was a big class today - over 30 - and she thought it was a good that Sooz hadn't been with her this morning since it was so crowded and they had been worked “hard” by the instructor.

As it was breakfast was about all I could manage before coming home, hopefully to rest up enough to be okay to go out to dinner and the Meryl Streep movie at Robina this evening. I should have had a nap rather than sitting up and watching television … why is it that the television can just grab you and not let go especially if it's an old favourite like SG1? M was home mowing the lawn by that stage and finished just in time to do cat-feeding, Tinka's insulin shot and Pearl feeding before having a quick shower … and then she was off - running late - and hopeful of getting there before the movie started - I don't think she minded the prospect of missing the commercials but possibly she may have minded missing the trailers because it's nice to know what's coming up. I stayed at home because it sounded as though it was going to be a bit of a late night - they had decided to do the movie first, then dinner - and I was right to stay home because M didn't leave Robina until just before 11pm.

I was able to speak with Sooz a couple of times today. All is going well there but I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that they will be happy to be making their way north tomorrow. Sooz did get to see my brother on Thursday, and she and the kids went down to Sydney … and Yum Cha … and to see what they called the biggest boat in the world - its funnels were apparently higher than the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge … pretty big indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment