Friday, January 24, 2014

Wednesday 22 January

Maggie's new spot

Hump Day! Only two more days until the week end - and there's still a lot to fit in yet.

The girls were off at Bingo today and finally Sooz could send a "Winners are Ginners" text! She took out the final game of the day - the Jackpot! Good job!

It was still hot today. I think we're due for soyme storms tomorrow, but as we sat outsIde this afternoon, there was a thunder and lightning storm somewhere off in the middle distance ... but no rain to speak of for Latimers though. M had said she meant to jump on ROM (she did on the weekend) and do the bottom paddock - but she had forgot (did she mention something about taking Ginko?) and then with the weather threatening, she decided not to.

I finished "SisterLand" this evening - and what a disappointment that was! It went very quickly downhill in the last 80 page! It was interesting because when I heard the item which resulted in my buying the book (I was not totally well and on the way home from the Markets as I recall), the reviewer raved about the twist in the last 80 pages and how the different elements had settled effortlessly into place. Hmmm ... not so much for me. I'm afraid I will not be able to recommend this one at all!

The furries all seem to be well - although Pearl is doing the puffing thing again. M has looked it up on the internet and she now thinks it's caused by avocados. We'll have to keep an eye on that - since the avocados are dropping freely from the tree out the back at the moment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment