Friday, January 24, 2014

Tuesday 21 January

Pearl and I had a pleasant surprise on our morning walk today - one of the foals was in the end paddock on the left - so we could see it from the gate. It is amazing - and so full of energy it was gambolling (or is it only lambs that gambol - as opposed to people who do a different type of it) around the yard - back and forth - and obviously having a very good time. I only had the iPhone with me so I couldn't get the shot I wanted - I couldn't get close enough. Next time I may need to do it without Pearl so I can go past the gate.

The girls were sitting out the back talking when I arrived home. After putting away the shopping (which did involve a little reorganisation of the freezer - and then I couldn't fit it all in) I joined them. There was no doubt it was much cooler out there. It has been a bit hot of late and a cool breeze is a welcome pleasure.

I'm still powering through “SisterLand” and I have been enjoying it a lot. It's quite strange to be reading again - and after I finish this one, I'm hoping to get to"Dr Sleep", Stephen King's latest tome. I bought it online the day it was released which tells you how long I've had it and not read it. Mind you, I haven't been reading that much else in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment