Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday

Bananas are down to $7.99/kg. I only know because I was taking a photograph of balloons far off in the distance and the A-board out the front of the supermarket advertising on now-cut-price bananas was in the shot. I wonder if H would have wanted to go on a balloon ride if he had seen one - and would I have wanted to go with him?

Family and Friends dinner tonight was at Mi and F's. It was lovely food - home-made hoummos - very tasty; pumpkin soup; chicken and rice and a very tasty garden salad - and simmit - a bread roll which is mostly crust - also very tasty. And then Mi's friend Sara (Lee) had prepared an apple crumble for dessert. Yummm.

The boys were home this evening and they came out individually to say hello and to eat their dinner. Not sure why they didn't both come out at the same time. Lu is still waiting to hear if he's been accepted into music college in Boston - and should know in a couple of weeks. I don't think F wants him to go, even though he knows this is what Lu wants - so much so he seems to think that Mi is responsible for Lu ever entertaining the idea of moving to the US to pursue his music career.

F is still fasting (as are the boys) and now, even more than before, once he's had dinner, he is ready for a nap. Mind you, at the end of a long week, following on from the Me and little H visit, his weren't the only eyelids being dragged towards their toes. (I wasn't one of them because I had managed to fit in a small visit to the Land of Nod between work and dinner - although as I was falling to sleep I was listening to music - which kept waking me up! Emma had a nap with me - probably because we haven't yet told her that we are going away to Toowoomba for the weekend.

While we were at dinner, Mi called A on Skype. It's not that long (actually Monday) before she and M are off to overseas. N left on Wednesday and is already in Malaysia and just about to move on to London and Paris. We will be following her progress in FaceBook in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment