Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monday

The treadmill is one giant step closer to being operational. < Sigh of relief. > I had a good chat with Technical Support today and Aaron was able to suggest some "fixes". So, in the mail today (thank you time difference between the Australian States) is a replacement cable set which should fix the problem. Of course, I had to take the treadmill down to diagnose the problem but the good news is that it came down much more easily than it went up - and I'm hoping that when it does go back up, it will be easy as well. I was surprised the furries weren't more interested in the proceedings but I am grateful S helped out! Thank you!

If I hadn't been busy with the treadmill, I would have walked the rubbish up (M had already driven the recycling up on her way out today) because I still have a couple (understatement) of steps to get for my today's 10,000. But I will get a few more before the evening is over.

The other thing I could have done is the mowing. It is time again. It's good to see it looking so healthy - it has obviously loved the rain - and I think we may be in for a little more - as long as it leaves the lawn dry for tomorrow afternoon.

M and A left for their overseas trip this evening. F was taking them up and I'm not sure who else was going up for the drive. Which reminds me, S was saying that M told her that when M get back in a couple of months' time, he and F are starting the garden project - putting a vegetable garden in in the area down the slope behind the garage. F has been talking about it for a while and apparently it was discussed at the Markets on Sunday (S and I were in Toowoomba) and a decision made to go-ahead.

I am still trying to work out what the noise was - ie what animal made it - out the back this evening. As I took the rubbish out to the bin, I heard a loud snuffling noise over near the avocado tree and then rustling and movement as Pearl barked and raced out, chasing it. It was far too dark to see (can dogs see in the dark or was Pearl following scent or sound?) so I have no way of knowing if it was as big as it sounded. I imagined it might have been a wild pig but I know we don't get them around here (I may have just made that up because I don't think that is anything that has ever been discussed with M or the neighbours) ... but even as I write that I wonder if it might have been Donovan (B and N's pet hog) out for a walk! I had been getting braver about taking the rubbish over to the bin in the dark but I'm now thinking that those days might be over - although now I am being cautious about wildlife not the possible appearance of a Yowie!

No comments:

Post a Comment