Monday, August 22, 2011

Thursday

A light rain fell over the Gold Coast this morning but not enough to dampen everyone's spirits. And not enough to stop little H from getting on ROM and doing a few laps of the yard this afternoon. It was his first time on ROM - or anything like it - and S said he made a pretty good fist of it! And while he said he could have mowed six weeks ago, there just wasn't anything to mow - or so M tried to convince him (and it's true) but for some reason (perhaps because ROM is fun) he wasn't hearing it.

L chopped down the Lemonade tree! Although he hasn't removed the bottom half of the tree yet so it may yet be a method to promote growth. We only tried Lemonades for the first time this year - and they are marvellous. Just juice them and you can drink it straight away - you don't need to add anything to it - not even water or sugar. I think M said that she's been thinking of planting one. I wonder how long it takes for the trees to fruit. Hmmmmm ... or yummmm.

We met in at Pacific Fair this afternoon, at The Coffee Club. It was late night shopping so after our coffee and Crosswords instant scratchies (both H and I had winning tickets) H and I went into JB HiFi to "look". He helped me pick out some DVDs (they were having a 3 for 2 special) and was very patient while I deliberated over whether to get some "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine". As we looked through the various titles including Heroes he pointed out that one of those actors had played Spock in Star Trek. Not so, I suggested and we both raced off to find photos of Spock to prove our case. He came back with the JJ Abrams movie (he was right) and I came back with the original series (I was right too)! This may be part of the generation gap that people used to talk about.

While S and I could have gone home and had an early night, I have started work on the "secret project" which meant I have to remember how to use PhotoShop - and it has been a while! It was a little disheartening - especially as I was trying to remember how to do just about the easiest thing - putting one photo into another. (It really shows that it's time to beef up the computer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment