Monday, July 15, 2013

Friday and Borscht

M went off to do her usual Friday thing (after taking Pearl for a morning walk) and S and I eased into the day before I went off to Crave at Crestwood to meet Jo and Tr for lunch.

I had been thinking about going to the movies with Fl but he decided to go to "Man of Steel" but as that one I have already seen - just last week, I told him to count me out. He would have gone to see "World War Z" (and it's been long enough since I saw it that I would have seen it again) but it started too late for him to go and still make it to dinner.

And there's no way that he was going to miss dinner ... it was at Mouse's. The Great K came too, and, of course, Fl ... although Fl was the most tired we have ever seen him. He was almost asleep after the Borscht - but he came to long enough to eat dinner, but left soon after ... while we were looking for Socks who M had put upstairs while we were all at Mouse's. Socks is blind now and it's better to keep him out of the way just in case someone knocks into him by mistake. When M went upstairs to check on him, he was nowhere to be found so she started looking for him ... and then I started to help, and The Great K. In the end, I found him on my second search of the upstairs. Socks had put himself into a cupboard in the end room - and I had discounted this on the first run through, as M had too I think, because the sliding cupboard door didn't appear to be open enough for Socks to get in. He had fooled us all, he had entered via the door nearest the wall - which was, indeed, open enough ... what I'm still trying to work out is how he knew (a) where it was and (b) that it was open. Clever cat.

Dinner was Borscht and Vereniki ... the usual "Yum!", especially as we were lucky enough to get leftovers to bring home ... which will be very wonderful for dinner when we get back from Toowoomba on Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment