Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thursday - The Lone Ranger and more ROM

Maggie obviously mistook me for a doorman this morning because she had me up and down more than a few times to let her in, and out, and in ... and so on. She's not usually so undecided. The last time I let her out, I was surprised to hear, within seconds, her scratching on the door in to S's room. S opened the door for her and Maggie went in - and settled in on the bed and went back to sleep. You couldn't blame her though; I think it was even colder today than it was yesterday. And let's not forget that both she and Tinka had been busy all morning - giving Ja's newly refreshed garden a good work out; they were both been in there before 8. You have to be proud that they do remember there are facilities outside!

Mowings

S and I left Maggie sleeping (her mother had already set out for Robina) while we took off to the movies to see "The Lone Ranger"! What a fabulous, amazing, awesome and wonderful movie. Yes ... we did like it. I can't understand how Fl wasn't raving about it after he'd seen it. It works on a number of levels - with a very serious message delivered with a sometimes wicked comic touch. Johnny Depp is amazing - as is his bird (crow?)... oh and the guy who plays The Lone Ranger and ... the spirit horse. < giggles> It is amazing, though, that the bird and the spirit horse are such a memorable characters! Alas, neither S nor I nor An could hang around after the film for a debrief ... that would have been fun! So, off S and I went, back to Nerang for lunch, and then S had her appointment while I waited in the car (read: had a little nap).

The good news was that the rain had held off and as soon as we arrived home, I jumped on ROM to finish mowing the house yard and part of Hermes' paddock. I don't know what those horses have been doing in there ... oh wait, I do ... they've been jumping and running on the wet groiund ... because they have left it pitted and littered with holes! If it keeps on like this, we're going to need to go over it with a grader to level it out rather than with ROM.

Thank goodness the electric fence was off though. When I opened the gate to take ROM through into the paddock, I avoided the tape very very carefully. Taking ROM back out, I meant to, but didn't, replace the tape. Once I did remember, I walked back and it may have been that as I had just turned the air compressor on (to clean ROM down), I noticed the fence wasn't on but, for whatever reason, I wasn't nearly as careful as I had meant to be - and brushed my forearm against the tape - too late realising that was exactly what I had planned not to do. I'm not sure what went through my mind first: that I was about to be zapped or the realisation that I wasn't. Phew! But I couldn't believe how quickly I'd forgotten. As I said, just as well the fence wasn't on!

More mowings

"Is it worth playing CSP now the jackpot has gone off" asked S this afternoon. "Why yes", was the answer with the caveat that it wouldn't be the same taking out the CSP Jackpot if it was under $50,000 as it currently is as it would have been last week when it was almost $300,000. And, besides, we all know - if CSP isn't exciting enough (really ... no chance)there's always roulette!

It's either too cold for them or they've finally learnt the routine but the furries were all tucked up and ready for the night in by the time M and I arrived back from The Big House. They weren't the only ones either ... S was in the middle of settling for the night, too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment