Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday ... It's a lark

I was sitting outside when S and M arrived home after Aqua. I said hello to M as she came around the corner and she asked where I was - even though I thought I was in plain view - and fairly hard to miss! She couldn't see me. I was apparently doing a Sherlock Holmes! At the end of the second movie, Sherlock Holmes is experimenting with disguise and can/not be seen when he's sitting on a couch. I inadvertently did the same thing.

While we sat there, having a quick catch-up, M was feeding the larks (they're back) with some of her leftover lunch (fish) and one came over and perched on the back of S's chair. Both M and I suggested she be careful lest the lark get too enthusiastic about being around folk. She didn't seem too worried.

Lark

I had breakfast with J this morning, up at Ormeau. They're okay at her place but there have been a few issues elsewhere which she's having to deal with, Their holiday is fast approaching, and she is looking forward to that very much.

M took Pearl running down the lane this afternoon. I looked up to see them racing out the gate. Pearl looked very happy - possibly because she was leading at that point. And she kept the lead because she was in front when they arrived back. M says this means Pearl is in shape and this is a good thing!

Well, I'm taking credit for our performance at Trivia tonight. Alas, we didn't win but we would have won (based on adjusted scores) if we'd taken Fl's choices for the bonus rounds. We would have had 3 additional points and a final score of 71. The winners tonight had just 70. Why do I take the credit? Because I overrode his telephone advice for the bonus rounds ... on the basis that just because the last "where in Australia" picture round was easy, with the names of the numbered locations given, there was no guarantee it would be the same this time. Call me cautious! But we had an interesting game and Nu even said he learnt something so it's all good. We did miss Ni and St, though, especially for the question about photons (protons?).

Mouse and M went to the movie at The Big House ... The Way Way Back... a coming of age story. They really enjoyed it - as did lots of other folk there - and it was, M said, a good turnout. They didn't eat there which is a shame because today is the first day of the new Spinners Bug special, and a review is needed.

It was raining again today here at Latimers, quite heavily at times. Hermes had his raincoat on all day. S's plants are growing ... as is that grass - even though it's not that warm. Just as well it's not growing that much though - because there's no mowing in the rain!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment