Monday, July 8, 2013

Sunday and travellers return

FI is back... and staying; Ni is back but just for this week before she jets off back to France ... the good news is that she will be coming to Trivia tomorrow night - and bringing Ca (who is currently visiting from Melbourne). As I went to count how many would be on the team Ni said "no, don't worry about the points" (am I that transparent?)but quite right, quite right. But wouldn't it be wonderful to have a team that could get a perfect score - even if we had to lose some points if we happened to have more than six on the team.

But back to The Markets ... we were a fair-sized group today and I was happy to hand over the Coffee mantle to the returned FI. It is awesome how he is able to remember all the orders(12 and up sometimes) without having to do my trick of writing them down. I had moved the Cafe Latte or Flat White crowd to Flat White only in his absence (with their agreement) but they're probably happy to have their first choices back! I know I would be.

Tinka

Az came bearing gifts today ... cookbooks and DVDs - very gratefully received by all! I'm looking forward to checking out the "Slow Cooker" recipes (now, where is that Slow Cooker?) ... if I am going to turn my hand back to cooking, we all know I have in the past preferred one-pot-cooking!

We excelled ourselves today ... we were still at the Markets well after 12:30pm came and went - as, once again, the Markets were packed up around us. We were inside today though. The area where the Marquee was has now been de-turfed and barricaded off so I'm not sure what they're up to. It's at the opposite end of the facility from where they're doing the upgrading works but maybe it's related.

The most annoying parkers in the world were at The Markets today though. There were some cars that were parked in a row they had created, close to the Markets entrance; and then some random cars had parked across from them ... leaving a "lane" that most medium-sized cars could only just navigate through with difficulty and great care. Mouse, seeing this was the case, had done the sensible thing and parked at the far end of that row ... we weren't so sensible and just scraped through aided by cool nerves, "traffic language" and loud wonderings about why people would park so foolishly ... and yes, I would do almost anything rather than reverse in tight spaces!

Maggie and Tinka!

It was fine although a little overcast and while I thought about taking a ride on ROM, I wasn't prepared to tear up the lawn in case it wasn't totally dry yet. I'm looking forward to doing it in the next day or so though (another excuse to be out in the sunshine) unless someone beats me to it.

Instead I turned my attentions inside and started doing some "de-cluttering" - is it possible that I have been absorbing some of S's "Clean Houses" programs? It's not a job I'm going to do in one day - if I do I know it won't stick - but if I can have at least one bag-full of non-requireds to put in the rubbish or send off to another home, I'll be more than satisfied.

Meanwhile, S was catching up with more "Clean Houses" before she put herself down for a "Nana nap", taking Miss Pearl with her. I don't know what happened though because we neglected to give Pearl her left-over cookies when we had our lunches ... and M ended up giving them to her when she arrived to give the furries their dinners.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment