Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wednesday - Butchers and Bingo

Who knew that Wednesdays is Double Click day at Maccas? I met S and M there when they had their breakfast - pancakes with blueberries and Mouse's passionfruit. I'd already had breakfast (and said hello to M's Big House Buddy - aka Elvis' biggest fan; and watched the butcher's meat being delivered) over in Nerang; and picked up the mail! Over breakfast, we did the Herald quiz and it looked as though we would have a spectacular result - we managed 5 (out of 5) in the first (easy) round, 4 in the next (medium) round, but crashed in the third (hard) round with 1 (yes, still out of 5). I knew we should have stopped earlier! But hopefully we learned something .

Meat at Nerang!

S and M went off to Bingo while I knuckled down to write a "personal statement" for my CV, and a reference for me from one of my previous bosses. Hmmm. Not my favourite thing to do - selling myself, but I'll have to get better at it if l'm going to tout myself more on the job market!

Fortunately, they did have better luck at Bingo - both Mouse and M had wins. An wasn't there - she'd obtained a leave pass earlier as she had business in Brisbane. I'm not sure if Em made it, but S did and while she had a good time, she's going to have to seek her fortune elsewhere.

They had lunch at Daniel Stuart's - and S was saying that they were still full from their pancake breakfast, so much so that in the end S just had a salad sandwich; and I'm thinking, but I'm not sure, that Mouse and M would have shared something for lunch.

Then M took S in search of "the" blanket. When we were in Toowoomba, S came across a blanket that she fell in love with - like mink. I think part of the attraction was that it was the colour of teddy bears - and it may have reminded her of her childhood bear. Alas, the blanket she found (at a very good discounted price) was not the same colour ... which probably means that Edmund's position as the favourite inanimate object is probably safe for a little while longer!

Tonight was "let's clear up some space on the iPad" and that meant transferring nearly 22GB of photographs to a portable hard drive. Of course, I didn't want to leave it running overnight so I spent more time than necessary moving across individual folders - and didn't quite get it all done - but there's always tomorrow.

Really Jupiters?

It's a little cooler this evening and everyone was in early enough to want to go out when it was actually time for lock-down. It's not even that they were trying to escape the State of Origin decider because we were one of the few places where the game wasn't on. Luckily the felines did come back in before I was finally ready to call it a night (how long does it take to write a "personal statement"?) because when I did the rounds to check before closing up and locking down (have to love the English language!), Pearl was in with S, Maggie was on her cushion on the couch and Tinka was in on M's bed ... and at this rate she (Tinka) looks to have moved in there for the Winter - she's going in now even when the heater isn't on and looks very, very comfortable.

Oops ... almost forgot ... following the great tomato sauce debacle at The Big House, I SMS'd a note to The Gold Coast Bulletin - which they published today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment