Monday, July 22, 2013

Friday - and disappointment

CSP went off! In the early hours of the morning. To a blonde woman! From Melbourne! That's the rumour anyway. And if the Brisbane one went off to a man on the Gold Coast ... maybe we have a reduced chance of winning because we're playing in the wrong place! Certainly the second table here wasn't the place to be! But we couldn't get on to the first one! Such would have been (and was) the lament of more than a few regular players when they heard the news!

It's a shame S doesn't sleep better when we're away from home (and at home for that matter) because she was a bit wrecked this morning. I saw it firsthand last night though - because for once I was awake (working on that job application) - but being very quiet with the lights way down low - i.e. touchtyping by the light of the iPad screen - so I know it wasn't me disturbing her. At one point she woke up and then just couldn't settle again. Poor her. But she was able to grab a bit more sleep after breakfast (in the Executive Lounge - breakfast that is not the nap - yum!) so she was okay by the time I dropped her off at Pacific Fair so she could meet the others at The Coffee Club for Friday lunchl/coffee.

I would have gone too but I had other plans... meeting FI and An at HarbourTown ... because it's finally "Pacific Rim" day! It was ... big although sometimes it's easy these days to forget to appreciate how "big" because we have seen some of the CGI effects before ... only a couple of weeks ago we saw another city reduced to rubble in the good vs evil fight in "Man of Steel"... although, admittedly, that one didn't have the Newton's Cradle (office desk accessory - perpetual motion machine). I found it all a bit reminiscent of "Independence Day" - and what was that about the shoe/s?

An and I had a coffee with FI as he broke his fast after the movie before I had to dash away to join S at CheeseLand at The Big House. CheeseLand seems to be yet another casualty of The Big House cost-cutting. There were no little warmed up cause developers or finger foods there last night. Even the little nuts selections have disappeared from the tables.

We grabbed a bite to eat with M at Spinners before S and I retired upstairs ... where I had Bath#2 in two days - it doesn't get much better than this! Although a piping hot Milo does help!

No comments:

Post a Comment