Monday, July 22, 2013

Saturday - The Little Plate and Abba

Another sleep-in. Coffee at Spinners while S had a bit more of a sleep-in (she'd had an unsettled night). Breakfast at the Executive Lounge. Late checkout. A great start to the morning!

From The Big House, we took ourselves off to Brunchy Lunchy at The Little Plate in Burleigh Heads - as organised by M. I'd forgotten how far away Burleigh Heads is - especially with the continuing roadworks on The Gold Coast Highway. But according to the reviews we read on the web while we were there, The Little Plate is the #1 restaurant in the area - and having been there now, we definitely agree - and well worth the trip down that way.

The food was excellent and there was enough of it - especially given they had a choice of entree or main size for most of the dishes. There were some great choices on the Specials board as well - including the dessert we all had (except Sy) - Banana Split with Hockey Pokey ice cream. Yum. Double Yum. They've only been open for 10 weeks or so and I predict they will be open for a while longer.

AbbaLive!

Tonight was AbbaLive at The Southport RSL Club and it was ... fantastic. And obviously a big night out for everyone in the audience! They played all the old favourites - and they are all "old" favourites since the group has been apart for over 30 years now. And, as S's brother posted on FaceBook, it was good that the original fans could be there. I think Sy and I were almost the youngest people in the audience (if you don't count the children some folk had brought along!). Sy and I danced the whole second half of the show - along with just about everyone else there. l had so much fun that I'd forgotten, until just then, how annoyed I was by the lack of organisation (and serving staff) at the bar.

The house was in darkness and there was no string of Christmas lights or as I drove in tonight. But at least the back door was open ... and I closed it - not sure that Tinka and Maggie were in. Pearl didn't stir, so it was a safe enough let that she was in with M. Maggie was in with S - on the new blanket ... S told me later that as soon as Maggie saw that new blanket going on to the bed, she was there and settling in. I'm not sure where Tinka was but she appeared in the kitchen as I was very quietly boiling the kettle and making a Milo. She asked for cookies, which I gave her; she ate them; asked again, I gave her more and she ate those, and then walked away. She'd obviously had enough!

When she stirred, I showed S the videos I'd taken on my phone of AbbaLive. She asked the question I had asked myself throughout the show - were they performing it live, or were they lip-syncing? I still don't know ... the latter I think, but it really didn't matter. It was all good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment