Monday, July 18, 2011

Friday

S is still in Kyogle and seems to have found a new love - an electric blanket which is keeping her warm and comfortable on these cold winter nights. There's even talk that she's going to bring one back to Latimers with her. This is an interesting development because she gets so hot at night sometimes that she's been known to kick off all the covers - and it won't be all that easy to kick off an electric blanket. But I think (and she says this too) that it has a lot to do with the warmth when you're getting into bed - and while Emma the cat does her best to keep the bed warm, she is only a small cat in a queen bed.
Family & Friends dinner tonight was with Mi and F. It was a very yummy chicken curry followed by Mi's first ever apple crumble - and she did well. As an added bonus, there was rice custard - which I had completely forgotten Mi said she was going to make the last time we had dinner there - before her NZ trip - because it is M's favorite!
I went for my follow-up trip to the dentist today and they were able to remove the 7 dissolving stitches that hadn't dissolved in the two weeks since they had put them there. Of course, that there were actually 8 wasn't something I found out until after I cleaned my teeth this evening with the little brushes - and discovered another thread (now gone).
I think all the animals are missing S as much as M and I are. I've told them that she'll be back tomorrow and they seemed happy enough with that - but only because they had to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment