Friday, July 8, 2011

Thursday

Wouldn't it just be easier for them to say "we don't do waffles here any more"? We made a trip to Robina for afternoon tea to go to The Shingle Inn, hoping their waffle machine, which has not been operational/away for repair/turned off for our last several visits, would be up and running today. Not so. "It's not working" she told us. We had no option but to walk away because nothing else was going to do it - once you're in a waffle mood, you're in a waffle mood - except maybe a since, which is what S had while I settled for a pot of English Breakfast Tea before we set out for a "mall crawl" so I can start to get my steps up over 10,000 for the Global Corporate Challenge (just under halfway now) - they've been a bit on the average side since last week's dental adventure. I have to start researching a walking machine to replace the current gigantic paperweight that looks like a treadmill. I could have it serviced - I have a starting quote of $250 (excluding parts) from the one guy I could find who was willing to come out to Latimers to look at it, but given it is 10 years old, if I can do better than this with a newer machine, perhaps with an on-site service contract, that might be a pursuable option.
The fola and her mother are still together and it now appears that Lacey is going off to northern NSW, not Singapore. That seems like a better option for her - but I will miss seeing the two of them gamboling in their paddock. (Mmmmm ... gamboling - I wonder what the CSP jackpot is up to now. I may have to interest S in a Christmas in July lunch at The Big House on Sunday.)
It was a little colder today but to be fair I had stripped off the extra (flannelette) shirt, the vest and the hoodie by morning tea time (which comes early in the construction industry). But it is noticeably colder in the morning and I was so glad my hands weren't wet when I let Maggie in the front screen door this morning because it had been I think it would have been stuck fast and S would have found me still there when she emerged.
S and I had Ma's spinach stew for lunch and I thought it was absolutely magnificent. I had taken small portions of it and S's Hungarian Goulash Soup - nothing like variety - and there were a couple of others in the lunch room who would have preferred what I was having. Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment