Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tuesday

Well, so much for not taking the "staying in bed" option because that's exactly where I spent the day - and not nicely. I was, by all reports, a bit like a bear with a sore head (sorry S). But it was lovely to have S make me chicken soup for this evening when I finally emerged from the cave that is the bedroom. S makes a wonderful chicken soup and I managed to slip down a good bowlful before dragging myself back to bed to finish my recuperation so as to be ready to return to work in the morning. (IIF training is on the cards - and since I have missed this mandatory session the last two times it was offered, I really don't want to be a non-starter again.)
I really can't report much of what happened at Latimers today - M was due to (and did) return home from the Sunshine Coast with the family, S had done the washing yesterday so that wasn't on the agenda, and besides nursing me (with Emma's help) I'm not sure what S got up to but I did feel sorry for her because if I had been awake and well I would have been able to play with her. I think I remember her saying that Beasley spent most of the day out - which is a bit unlike him - but for the twenty minutes or so I was up for soup, the other furries did seem to be around. Hopefully we'll all be back to normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment