Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tuesday

Word is that there was a good frost on the ground at Latimers this morning but, alas, I didn't get to see it. This may have been because I was too busy looking at a sky that was magnificently reddy-pink sky (and trying to remember if that was the warning sky or not) rather than looking at the ground. The road doesn't count as "the ground" because there isn't any grass on it. M said it was like snow had fallen and she tried to wake S so she could marvel at the sight too, but S was still sleeping and wasn't yet ready to be waking up. This, is, of course, just the time when a camera could come in handy! As one would have the other morning when the hot air balloon almost came down at Latimers. Or when you are tracking a fire from the Motorway. It looked massive - with both black and brown smoke - and while it looked to be in Nerang somewhere, there was no way I could tell exactly where that might be. I kept an eye on it as I drove towards Latimers and each time I was sure I knew where it was, I was wrong. In the end it turned out to be between Latimers and the Advancetown Hotel - off the road, and seeming to pose no danger.
This was good because we had decided to go to the Hotel for dinner as S will be off to Kyogle tomorrow meaning our usual "date night" wasn't going to be possible. We haven't been up there on a Tuesday night (why am I having so much trouble keeping track of the days today?) before - so who knew that it's Poker Night ... or that so many people in the Hinterland play poker?

No comments:

Post a Comment