Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunday

Another early start at the markets for me as I made my weekly Skype call to Trish. S and M followed later, and even though they were planning to come via Nerang Markets they were delayed leaving home and came straight in instead. They beat Mouse and the others so it was a great effort!

I had some time before my call (did someone say ridiculously early) and was able to fit in some blogging and I was astounded that there were so many people with their Bluetooth connections "on" (I know this because they all showed up on the iPad as I was trying to connect with my wireless keyboard) - I'm not sure if it's still so but that used to be. Great way to leave your phone open to collecting viruses (or is there another term for the plural of virus?).

We finally made it into The Big House (The CSP jackpot has climbed again!) today for that Christmas in July lunch - S was the only one who had it but she did enjoy it and I certainly enjoyed sharing her eggnog mousse dessert. M will be off there again tomorrow as she has been asked to a function where she and the other invitees will be shown the new vision for The Big House and be given the opportunity to give their feedback and suggestions. She can take a guest with her and at this stage I think it may be Mi. I, of course, will be off watching R strut her stuff on the catwalk (the finale of her modeling course).

There is bad news about the treadmill at home. Despite my best efforts (silicon spray on the platform, tightening and realigning the belt) I don't think it can be fixed to the point where it is "safe" enough to use - so we'll be replacing it. At least we will be making a positive contribution to the economy! I think have found the new one online but I'll do some more research to make sure we are getting the best deal.

Tonight we finally saw "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2". We opted for the 2D option at the local cinema and it was fantastic - the over two hours we were in there just flew by. The effects were amazing and I can't imagine how incredible it would have been in 3D; even though the technology and glasses have improved over the years it's still difficult for bespectacled folk to get the full effect of 3D comfortably.

The Great K took a break from his studies to come with us and he seemed to enjoy it as well. It will be interesting to see if he's a starter for this week's Family & Friends dinner which is going to be Mouse's borscht and vereniki (yummmm).

After the movie, he came back to Latimers with us and stayed to have a cup of tea and watch tonight's episode of MasterChef (thanks for remembering to tape it S). He likes Michael and was probably the only one who was happy that he won tonight's mystery box challenge with a twist (the contestants picked each other's box contents). We must be almost to the end of this season of MasterChef but I haven't been able to find out when the final is on. It has to be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment