Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friday

On the way out of the valley this morning, there were two small calves pretending to be "big" bovines or just not doing a good job of playlng leapfrog. Spring is definitely in the air. As is the hubcap that's still hanging from the tree down near the bridge. It's been there a few days now. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a fan - it's not one of those solid hubcaps - but then I realised it made absolutely no sense for anyone to have found (or left) a fan there!

We had a sizeable storm around lunchtime (which is just near Latimers) and although there was a severe wind warning in place for the Coast, it didn't seem that bad. Luckily we missed the worst of the rain as we moved from Parklands back to the site office after our meeting there this morning. We were lucky in our timing - and because some of the others actually thought to bring umbrellas with them! But if ever there was a day to be at home, curled up in front of the television with a couple of good DVDs, this was it. Has someone forgotten it's turned Spring and sent the Winter weather back to us?

There was no Friday night Family & Friends Dinner tonight! I found out last night - M had been encouraged to tell me (by S) and Mi had drawn the much harder challenge of telling F - but she was sure that he would be happy to spend that time with his brother. I had to make do with more computer stuff - but only after S and I shared the wonderful roast chicken dinner she has prepared. I have another couple of projects in the pipeline - including my tax - which I do need to get to but sometimes Friday night is not the time to start them. I am on the verge of a massive declutter particularly to try to find my watch which is hiding somewhere - I am sure in a safe place but not anywhere that I can find in the number of quick looks I have had since I realised it is AWOL. Good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment