Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday

It was a relatively early start to the day - even though I had a late night making sure the new iPad was configured correctly so I could hand the other one over to S. I wanted the new one to be ready so I could do my weekly Skype call with T from Broadbeach - the Optus network I use with the iPhone is not that good sometimes and I was hoping the Telstra network (my data plan with the iPad is with them) would be better ... and it was!

We didn't have a chance to use it at the Markets though because M and A (and N who is now with them in Bosnia) didn't call. It may have had something to do with the 8 hour time difference which means it was only 2 in the morning for them. F was late getting to the Markets - he was off playing with his brother - so we had to get the coffee order in ourselves. Thankfully we do have a provision list which we can just amend depending on who's there ... but F doesn't even have to have it written down and he always gets the right order!

He did join us at the end though - and yes, we did close the Markets again - and it was good to see him - since we didn't see him on Friday night.

After the Markets, S and I took ourselves off to The Big House for the lunch special - pork tenderloin, potato gallette, broccoli and pumpkin. S enjoyed it very much - and I liked my seafood wonton noodle soup. After they had taken away our mains plate, the server came over with S's desert - a black forest trifle - and one for me as well - because he didn't want me to feel left out. It was a lovely gesture - and it was a very wonderful trifle!! S was very pleased that she didn't have to share it.

And we needed sustenance because the next stop was the cinema so we could see The Smurfs. I had read a review earlier in the week and it seemed the critic had not enjoyed it ... something about being up Smurf creek without a paddle. I think all four of us who went - Mouse, M, S and I - did enjoy it ... but how could anyone not enjoy seeing Smurfs and Gargamel's (cat) Azrael.

No comments:

Post a Comment