Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday

After what turned out to be a very long day at work (I arrived and left at the usual times but it did seem to drag on and on and on), I met S and M at Zarraffas at Nerang for a coffee. Of course, going there is nothing new because I often go there after work and on my way home, but I usually don't have company - except for the other customers. It's nice to have S and M along for a change.

They had been to the post office and picked up the cable for the treadmill. We will see about putting that together tomorrow.

There were three new speed bumps on the way down the lane this afternoon - well, that's what M called them as we drove past her three dogs guarding the road ... I had just called them the Bovva Boys - because they looked as though they were in the mood to pass on some grief.

After a quick visit home to do the animals, S and I made our way to Robina for shopping and some dinner at a little Malaysian restaurant we have found there. I didn't actually feel like Malaysian food for dinner but I had told S it was her choice tonight - so I chose to honor that even though she suggested we could go somewhere else. Despite that, it was very nice and although S wouldn't have the curry chicken again, I would.

Tomorrow is Show Day so it's a public holiday here on the Gold Coast and it's more than likely to be wet - "we haven't had a dry Show Day in years" the woman serving me at the Bakery told me this morning - and S confirmed the very good likelihood of rain tomorrow from the Weather app on her iPhone. If this is so, this means I may be able to have a "today I'm doing nothing at all" day - just like the song currently doing the rounds suggests - except I want to go to the tip, get the new treadmill up and running, clean some files off my computer, do some physical sorting and filing and general tidying of my desk area, maybe get around to doing my tax (only two years' worth) and maybe even squeeze in breakfast and a visit to the ocean and perhaps a trip to the Show to see the Woodchop. Yep, nothing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment