Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sunday

As I'm posting this on the following Thursday - we're down to dot points. (It's been busy.)
We went to the Markets.
We spoke with M and A who called in by Skype from Malaysia.
S and I went to the Groper and His Missus at Carrara for lunch. (I'm still wondering about the Groper - I think it may be a chain? Franchise?When I was looking for their number on the internet the other day I saw there were a couple of other stores with the same name in other Australian states.)
I finally got round to having a go on ROM this afternoon - and was incredibly disappointed with the result. One side of the deck is down and rather than a neatly manicured lawn, I produced a bad '70's hair cut with furrows/terraces. Hmmmm. Luckily when I looked under the mower as I was air-blowing it down (an absolute "must" after every mowing intervention) I saw that the lever holding that side of the deck up had come away. So off I went to Bunnings to buy what I thought was a kotter pin but which the helpful gentleman at the store's entrance advised me was actually an "R" clip - a kotter pin only holds pedals on a bicycle. But it did the trick - as I realised when I looked at the photograph I had taken to show a professional in case I needed to - it did look like an R.

S had a quiet afternoon - well, as quiet as one can when the ride-on mower is doing its thing. Unfortunately her tooth abscess has returned and she is doping herself up with painkillers (left over from the last time a couple of months ago). It's not yet bad enough for her to see a doctor to get some antibiotics and hopefully she will be able to get in early tomorrow to see the dentist to have it seen to. Pain is no fun.

M picked up the Great K from the airport this afternoon. He has been home for two weeks during his semester break - and has come back a week early (as planned) to get ready for his practical clinical sessions. He toted a whole heap of books back with him - but I don't think that's the reason he misplaced his phone either at the airport or on the plane. It made it interesting since M was waiting for him to call to complete the pick-up - but in the end he rang his mother in Sydney to ring M to let her know that this particular eagle had landed!!

And speaking of eagles, which they aren't, the swallow is still sitting on the nest - and Beasley is still sitting under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment