Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tuesday

With M away overnight at The Big House, and to save S from having to get up early (6am) since I was already up, I took over giving Beasley his insulin shot. S and M are absolutely right - for a big cat, there's not a spare inch of skin on him. With Emma, when we're giving her her shot, you can lift up the skin and fur at the back of her neck and make a little tent, and then inject her there ... and while it's possible to get a tiny little bit of a tent with Beasley, it isn't much to work with. At this point, being sure about what you're doing certainly helps - and I think gives him a certain amount of confidence in what you're doing. As they say in the classics: approach the beast with a masterful gaze or was that fake it till you make it. (I miss those auditors some times.) I've suggested to S that perhaps I should do Beasley's morning shot from now on - that way M wouldn't have to get up especially to do it. It will be interesting to see how the insulin goes in helping with his weeing in the house problem - I think it may be too early to tell yet.

Candice was walking their rubbish and recycling bins back from the road as I drove up to collect ours this evening. I had passed her on the way in with the dogs and I had been hoping that would be off the lane way by the time I took the four-wheel-drive out. The last thing I wanted to do was wrangle with Spot - he seems to be the type of dog (inquisitive/playful) that would want to have a go at the wheels of the wheelie bin as it went past (Pearl does - she's very ... helpful?) - and if you're walking it that's one thing ... if you're towing it, that's slightly more perilous. In the end I decided I didn't want to make two trips so a-la-B who usually brings the bin back on his ute (when he's not cruising around the Mediterranean with mates) I lifted the recycling bin into the back of the vehicle. It isn't as heavy as it looks (and it helps that it was empty). Great minds think alike because S had already had the same idea - and it was a good one. Mind you, if I had been more game and adventurous - and up for the practice - I would have hitched the trailer on and used that. It would have been fun doing the u-turn in the driveway to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment