Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday

I was up early, on the walking machine for half an hour, showered and ready to leave the house by 8am. Pretty impressive for a Saturday. I was planning to fill up the car, pick up the Sydney Morning Herald and hurry home in case we were off to Brisbane for the day to see the Bresson exhibition and catch up with Sylvia and Anita. On the way, S called to ask me to pick up some croissants from the French patisserie and coffee all round. And it was just as well too because by the time I got home, the power was out at Latimers. It lasted through our breakfast and came on in time for S to have a shower.

Then in to the car for a trip up to Mt Tambourine - or at least that's what the plan was ... but how to get there since the GPS has stopped working? And how to get back? Just bas well they still have those directional signs dotted around the country which actually made it fairly easy - and there is only one top of the Mountain so that was going to make it easier to know if we had gone too far! It was lovely - but brisk, a little windy (not quite those gales that had been expected yesterday but not bad) - which meant lunch at St Bernard's hotel was on but it was had inside not outside on the terrace! And who knew one of the specials would be Lamb Shanks (which, coincidentally, is what Pearl had for dinner as well!)

Then, back down the mountain, and I dropped S off at Latimers before going on to Robina, the Apple Store and JB Hi-Fi - because without this trip I wouldn't have been able to spend several (too many) hours configuring the new iPad 2. (I resisted getting the iPad 2 for quite a while but I have to admit it does seem to have been worth the investment.)

Robina was not that busy and I missed Mouse and M who were having Yum Cha there but I did see Peter from work who was leaving JB's just as I was arriving.

Everyone was in tonight. M had talked about going out but it continued to be cold (read: freezing) and she took herself off to bed early. S wasn't that far behind her so I had to make do with the company of the furries until I finally dragged myself off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment