Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday

Poor Beasley. He truly is in need of help - as the huge puddle of moisture spreading over the living room floor this morning can attest. We're still not sure if there is anything besides stress (possibly complicated by diabetes) that causes the behaviour - and it's hard to know what stress is involved. What could possibly have happened overnight to upset him? Pearl was in with M, and the other cats were in at lockdown but I wouldn't have thought they would bother Beasley. I guess it may just be one of those things we will never know... but what I do know is that we have to get paper towels which are more absorbent - because the ones I was using this morning really weren't (or is that aren't) - and the other thing I know is that I was very happy to have found the disposable rubber gloves! After I was done with the mop-up and disinfect, I didn't want to leave a note telling people to watch out for where Beasley and I had been - I'm not sure how long it takes other people to wake up enough to read (it takes me a while) so in the end I swung the couch around so it effected a physical barrier ... and so I wouldn't have to worry about where to put a note.

M and S went off to Bingo today although by S's account, they were only just there in time because they had stopped off to have a coffee and also to visit M at the hospital on the way in - with a clean and newly pressed nightie. M was going back in this afternoon/evening to be with M for support when the doctor visits as L may not be able to get there in time.

E went to Bingo as well, so with Mouse there were four of them - although M was the only winner this week. I'm not sure if she was using the bingo machine again (they do have a name but it escapes me at the moment - could be Pet?) or using the more conventional "mark the cards" method. They are getting to recognise more people there and I would be interested to tag along at some point to see the couple who share their table - with their snacks, their cups, place mats and name tags.

Because M was going to the hospital this evening, we moved CSP to tomorrow night, and S and I went off to our dinner at the hotel tonight instead. Of course, that meant Trivia wasn't on so we had to make do with the raffle - and one of our four tickets won a "Mystery Box" prize. As I walked through to the draw area someone said "choose the light one" - which would have been slightly easier if they had been single colours rather than striped in various colours. In the end, it had to be either the rainbow stripes (the same as my phone cover and pen) or the yellow and purple stripes - so it was good that the young girl who chose before me for her father didn't choose either of those. When their box was opened it revealed ... a stubby holder. Which they could have used with our prize - a 6-pack of standard beer - which will go in the fridge with the one we won a while ago in the trivia quiz. Funny that - how the prizes from the hotel all seem to be alcohol-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment