Friday, September 9, 2011

Wednesday

There are some days where nothing much happens - and this wasn't really one of those. The problem is that since I've been a little busy of late I haven't been taking accurate enough notes on some days to be able to come back and write them up.

So, what do I know? It was CSP night and the jackpot has climbed to over $280,000. Despite our best efforts, neither M nor I managed to bring it home with us but I'm pleased to report that M keeps trying. We did have dinner at Zen (so chosen by me because when M asked - from the other end of the CSP table - she indicated it with a "Z" in the air which reminded me of Zorro and, for no overtly perceivable reason, at that moment I felt like noodles. We took the leftovers home to S who has recovered from her extraction and is generally feeling much better now that the tooth (and the infection) is gone.

I did stop in at Zarraffas on the way home this afternoon and I admit to being a bit surprised when the person serving me asked where my thermos cup was. I know I have been a regular customer there for a while - since they opened actually - but it surprised me nonetheless. What also surprised me is that I saw someone there that I thought I recognised - "thought" being the operative word. It was sending me crazy trying to work out who she reminded me of (I at least knew that I didn't actually know her). It's no fun having such poor facial recognition skills. Just as well The Great K didn't have me as one of his test subjects last year. It would have been a shame if he'd missed his spot in the Graduate course.

No comments:

Post a Comment