Thursday, September 8, 2011

Saturday

Even though it's Saturday, because it was a holiday yesterday, it doesn't feel like Saturday. But we did one of the normal Saturday things - Breakfast at Sisters with Pearl. And with Mouse - although she didn't bring Prince (who she is looking after while M and A are away overseas). It was a good breakfast even though Coffee Sisters was busier than it usually it. It was filler with bikers - actually cyclists. It looks as though they spend a fortune on their kit - Lycra, special shoes, Lycra, helmets - and then there's their bikes!

Then S and I were off to SeaWorld. We had missed the dolphin Show when we went with Little H - we were too late for the first show that day (it was a Markets Day) and we missed the second show because H was on the high playground (winning my award for his determination and "not-backing-downness" for the day) but it wasn't an issue as we had purchased yearly passes which meant we could go back anytime. And today was the day.

We were lucky enough to catch the first show at Dolphin Cove, and then sauntered in to have a look at Shark Bay, and then back to Polar Shores to watch one of the polar bears have fish for lunch. Who would have guessed that the bears don't eat the heads!!!!

Then it was on to Carrara to pick up the Sydney Morning Herald which S is still reading on a Saturday (she and M read "The Two of Us") - and which I was able to leave her at home with while I finally took myself off to the cinema to see "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". I think it may say something about my current state of mind (thankfully not enduring) that I was extra pleased to see the human race decimated / all but wiped out. I can't wait for "Contagion" to hit the screens!

No comments:

Post a Comment