Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday

Welcome to Monday - the first day of the working week (for some) and M's second night at The Big House. We were lucky enough to be able to share it - which meant I was able to have another bath - and I do miss a good bath. The only down side is having to get dressed and come home afterwards - especially if you do what S & I did and have a meal (two for one) at Food Fantasy. Even though it wasn't one of the "seafood nights", there were prawns and a selection of other seafood but alas, for me it was not to be because I have to be in the mood to eat seafood, and I wasn't. S enjoyed it though. Mind you, there were enough other things to choose from - all very nice - and in memory of young Hamdi of the short hair now that he has returned to school, I had a Spider, and thought about having a vanilla slice as well. He would have liked that.

M sat this one out - she was off at the Big House movies - Crazy Stupid Love - with Mouse.

She also missed the second installment of Junior MasterChef where the kids did another amazing job. I cannot believe that children as young as 8 are able to cook that well under pressure - and not just cooking dishes - actually coming up with the ideas for them as well. I'm hard pressed to think about what I want for dinner even if I don't have to cook it - and S has certainly been heard to say, on more than one occasion, that it would be better if I was able to choose more quickly what I wanted from the menu when we are eating out. The problem is that most of the time I don't know what I feel like - so I have to go through the menu, item by item, to work out what I don't want. It's a tricky business sometimes.

They have picked nearly half the finalists for the show now - and we will have to wait until the weekend for the next show. In the meantime, I think they are just finishing auditions for the next season of (adult) MasterChef. None of us applied (that I know of) although wouldn't it be amazing if one of us had.

But we like quiet nights in - which was what tonight was. After our big weekend - and a bath and dinner - I was pretty tuckered out - especially on the drive home. Luckily S was there to make sure I kept my mind on the road ... and I'm always on the look-out near the Carrara Sports Club for the telltale blue van (aka the police speed van).

M visited M at the hospital this afternoon. They don't have the test results back yet but it shouldn't be long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment