Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Monday

Fruit salad for breakfast!   M made a huge batch and even though I had been planning tomstart my day with carbs,  I couldn't resist! 

Most of Australia is having a Public Holiday today (for New Years Day) but in most places - except Government Offices and most big companies - it is business as usual.   And thank goodness that was the case at the laundromat because we had two weeks worth of washing to do.   I can only just remember that it was raining before we left on the Great Trek South so we did leave some washing behind,  undone, which had to be done - along with the holiday washing - except for the towels M had done in our absence - thank you M.

We were lucky enough to find three machines available - three loads,  three machines - and had almost enough change but needn't have worried because there was a Change Machine right there - on the wall,  above the machines, and amost unreachable by vertically-challenged individuals like me. Even S couldn't reach it but luckily,  thanks to the kindness of strangers (even if the gentleman who did it for us admitted he had been having a chuckle at our predicament) notes were changed to coins and as the wash was in progress we went off for a read of the paper and a cup of coffee.  And what a cup of coffee it was ... the  quest for the coming year is to have at least a couple more that are as perfect as this one.  I'm not sure what combination of forces was at play here but from the first sip it was ... magnificent! 

I tried a new dish at lunchtime - Nasi Lemac - which was interesting but I'm not sure I would have it again.   The pickled vegetables were good, and the rendang, but I am not a big fan of rice (have to work on that) or, as S reminded me, whitebait.   

Washing done, we settled in to a relax at home and while I thought of the things I could be doing, I settled for "being" instead - and catching up on some computer stuff. 

Tink wasn't around at lockdown so I looked for her a couple of times before I followed S to bed. Just as I was about to give up - I was ready to lock the front door - I saw Tink's little face peering at me through the glass near the back door. She seemed more than happy to come in - a nice change! 


No comments:

Post a Comment