Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tuesday

Back to work:  Day 2.  People talk about bringing the working week back to 4 days and at the moment that seems like a good idea.  The only problem with that would be that there would be no "Hump Day" (Wednesday) - the one in the middle, where two days have been worked,  and two days remain.   I'm looking forward to Hump Day this week! 

Pearl is still off visiting Nana and hopefully she isn't missing Latimers as much as I'm missing her - I'm sure we all are but I can really only talk for myself.  

The magpie larks have a nest in the three out the front and even though Tink is out there - is she really keeping an eye out for them and looking after their best interests - they don't seem to be bothering each other.

Spot came for a ride in Lars today. L was off on a walk as part of his Kokoda Challenge training and Spot was following him up the lane but L didn't appear to be aware of this. After I passed (telling Spot to "go home" but he doesn't seem to understand that) I kept watch in the rearview mirror and Spot just wasn't turning back. This wouldn't be a worry except Spot has the road sense of ...  well, he has none. I debated what to do as I drove down the lane to Latimers and finally decided the safest thing to do was to take him completely out of harm's way - so I turned around in the driveway at home,  drove back up the lane and bundled Spot into Lars and drove him home.   Even though I could tell he wanted to,  I wouldn't let him drive.   C took charge of him when I let him off at his place but even if she hadn't I thought he would be okay as L was well out of sight and unlikely to be followed.  

S and I went out for dinner at the Advancetown Hotel - and Tuesday is still Poker Night.   We didn't play - although I could have as we aren't doing the usual CSP night tomorrow - we're all off to the movies instead to see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment