Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thursday

 I had planned to manage a visit to 101 Eat Well today but I made it to the laundromat before me. I had planned to do the washing and have a 101 coffee while it was on because even though I would just love to go to the 101 for a coffee after work, my allegiance lies with Zarraffas! Is it the air-conditioning, the comfortable seats, the ability to sit inside, the loyalty card? Perhaps a little bit of each. But I'll keep asking about the laundry, and the bakery, chemist, cinema and newsagent because one day one of them will need a visit!

L arrived as planned - and didn't I feel like a goose when S pointed out that the white four-wheel drive I had moved aside for on the lane was her brother M and I hadn't recognised him or his Kluger.  That I am not able to recognise cars is no surprise. While at University, studying psychology, we had to do an experiment (did we choose it or was it assigned to us?) where we would stop at traffic lights and then not move on when the lights changed ... and then measure how long it was before the person in the car behind blew their horn - and whether they took longer to do so based on what type of car we were in (Mini or Mercedes) and what type of car they were in. That was when I knew I could not recognise car makes or models - once beeped we would have to pull to the side as soon as possible so the car could pass and we could read its rear to see what type it was. Of course this was a good few years ago and given people's impatience and propensity to Road Rage today,  I doubt the experiment would yield the same results today.   The hypothesis supported: If the following driver perceives you as "better", they will give you more leeway aka idiosyncracy credit (the same thing that is given to "famous" people). 

Pearl has finally returned from Nana's. Before she came in, S, L and I discussed who she would go to first. I don't think we actually said it out loud but I think we were all hoping it would be us. Pearl did not disappoint -she made a beeline straight to her cookie bowl, and then, and only then, S, L and , leaving the best to last... me! I hope she's happy to be home. 

L was happy to see her - she loves animals - which is why she's disappointed the cats won't just not come to her but actively avoid her. Tink's the only one who's co-operating at present.   

It looked though it might rain this afternoon and replenish the tank - but not so. The weather remains dry - which means there's an excellent chance that the track will be good for Saturday's Magic Millions race day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment