Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday

S had offered to feed Emma and give her her shot this morning so I slept in. It was wonderful after the big drive up from Kurri Kurri and the late night last night - not entirely due to ringing in the New Year. When I climbed into bed, Emma decided she should come in too and proceeded to spend at least the next half hour trying to get comfortable on my back, my front, my side, beside me -and so on until finally I fell asleep - but not before she had left a couple of claw marks ("help me, I'm falling off") on my chest. 

Both Pearl and M were gone by the time I finally emerged  - and for a while I couldn't find S who it turned out was off making telephone calls at the other end of the house.

But what to do with the day? We decided breakfast and a good coffee was a "must" and the idea of a movie was also floated. Which is how we made it to Milan (Tedder Ave, Main Beach) to join Mouse and M for a late and very yummy breakfast - and then caught up with them again this afternoon at the Arts Centre for The Iron Lady.    The film was magnificent but I am still trying to work out some of the messages - including grief, separation, absolute power, and driving ambition - and seizing opportunities and not forgetting the folk who love you, care for you and rely on you. l am also determined to find out more about Maggie Thatcher and her tenure as British Prime Minister - and wonder about possible parallels to be drawn, now and in the future, between MT and Julia Gillard.

L was feeding the horses when we drove in - and there were two more than there were this morning when we left.   He had borrowed the four-wheel drive to bring back Holly and the (as-yet-unnamed) foal - what a cutie!   

Lockdown was achieved by 9:30 this evening and the furries didn't seem to mind, except for Maggie who did want to go out again but wasn't allowed.   Pearl is staying overnight with Mouse so there was no chance of the feline furries escaping (as they sometimes try to) when Pearl goes outside before bedtime!  Even though we do miss her, especially since she was here only last night and we had been away the previous week, it is good she is having a "sleepover with Nana". 

No comments:

Post a Comment