Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tuesday

S was in at the Hotel again overnight and had a much better rest that she had on Sunday night.   It is still raining - which meant she didn't get to go in the pool or the spa,  but she and M had some spectacular views of the raging ocean from morning-Cheeseland.   "Waves breaking way out,  heaps of froth.  Grey.  Grey.  But Great" I believe is how M described it.   I know that the show last night was amazing - but this sounds even more so.  

After the Hotel,  M and S,  and Mouse,  met to go to the new George Clooney movie "The Descendants".   He won a Golden Globe for his performance as the husband/father of a dysfunctional family where the mother has been seriously injured in a boating accident ...  and then George's character finds out that his wife has been having an affair.  They had been planning to go to the movies at Pacific Fair,  but it seemed that everyone else had that idea too.   They decided they would never get to the head of the queue in time,  so they jumped ship,  drove to the Arts Centre - where they got some of the very last seats in what was a choc-a-block-full cinema - and settled in for what was a very simply-told "good" film. 

After the movies (and returning Mouse to her car at Pacific Fair),  M and S drove out to Nerang and joined me for a coffee (actually there was no coffee,  just a sit/chat) at Zarraffas before I took S with me to home, feeding the cats and then off to dinner at Advancetown Hotel; as M went off in the other direction.  

It's still raining today,  but not quite as much,  and the temperature isn't too bad;  it's definitely bearable.   It was great to have the opportunity to have a game of "ball" with Pearl - to distract her while the other furries were having their dinners - and she managed to keep her mind on it (even knowing there were cat dinners around) for a good few throws.   Even though we haven't been doing it for a while - she hasn't forgotten how!   

We had an early night and I had just sat on the bed to swing my legs in (I can't remember if boys or girls are supposed to get in bed that way,  rather than kneeling in and then lying down) when I heard some thuds from outside - somewhere,  I couldn't pinpoint it exactly - on any of the numerous times it happened.  We knew I wouldn't settle until I'd checked it,  so I pulled on my PJs,  put my shoes on,  grabbed the car keys and went for a drive up and down the lane,  looking for anything out of the ordinary (I believe S mentioned "horse rustlers") but on seeing nothing,  I came home and jumped back into bed - glad that I had used our door rather than run the risk of letting any of the furries - already on lockdown by that stage - out.    They're getting better at coming in - but I've never tried to get them back in after they've been in "lockdown" and have then "escaped" - and I didn't want to try tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment