Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Monday

Back to work.   And it's a big of a shock to the system to be leaving Latimers knowing that the rest of the household has not yet risen,  and may not for a. little while yet.  When the alarm went off at half-past-five I was glad I had taken the decision to not sleep in over the holidays (except for yesterday) so I was only getting up half an hour earlier.  

It was good to be back at Crestwood Zarraffas - while I like the Nerang outlet, I'm more used to Crestwood - it's a bit like the Cheers (tv series) theme song ... where everyone knows your name - and your order!  

S was busy back at Latimers today - taking down the Christmas decorations for another year.   It somehow wasn't quite as festive when I arrived home and I am going to miss the little Christmas tree on the table, and the baubles strung from the handles of the built-in bookcase/cupboard.  She did a great job of capturing the Christmas spirit with a minimum of props this year - well done S! 

Pearl is still visiting Nana and I'm not sure when she is coming home.   But she better not be too long because Tink is learning how to come over and greet me when I arrive home - especially appreciated on the first day back of work - although she has to move out of the way of the car first because she's usually lying in the driveway at that time of day - having worked her way around the house and yard in her various positions based on where the sun's shining, or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment