Monday, January 30, 2012

Saturday

It's still raining but that gives us a great opportunity to go walking in the rain - although getting soaking wet isn't an option unless you venture out while it's pelting down, which isn't all the time. Pearl seems to like walking in the rain but does have a brisk pace out there - and a tendency to stray too close to the foal (that would be Dolly, not Molly as we keep calling her) if she comes to the fence for a chat; we have to be careful about that in case Pearl mistakes her for a duck and gives chase. 

M went off this morning planning to spend part of the day with Mouse, and S, I and the furries settled in for a quiet day at Latimers with the Saturday Herald, Word W.E.L.D.E.R.  (I can't get past Level 7 ... grrr) and the television. It was just the day for it and it was wonderful. 

But we did make it out later - to the movies at Nerang.  I finally managed to see "The Darkest Hour" which,  now having seen it,  was fairly reminiscent of "The War of the Worlds" (the new version) with people being reduced to ash by the aliens,  and a downed plane,  to name only a couple of the similarities. We are going to have to wait for the sequel though to see if we get the Earth back (a bit like "Skyline")!  S, M and Mouse went to see "We Bought A Zoo" instead and they all enjoyed it very much although one or two of them did look a little moist around the eyes (or was that just my imagination - too many light creatures affecting my vision?).   S did point out that it was a study of grief,  not unlike "The Descendants". What is it that has Hollywood releasing two films like this at the same time? 

Oh, and I did manage to get to the laundromat this morning - and have that much-waited-for coffee at Eat Well 101.   I was amazed at how many machines were in use at the laundromat when I arrived (this was just after 7) and how many people were there when I got back from the coffee shop!   It seems to be a busy little venue - and I'm glad I had taken change with me rather than having to resort to taking the step ladder again so I could reach the change machine.  Luckily there is enough undercover area at Latimers to be able to hang out the washing so there's a good chance some of my work clothes will be try before it's time to go back on Monday.   Otherwise I might just have to stay home!   

No comments:

Post a Comment