Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sunday

 Sunday ... seems like a very long time ago now (I have been a little behind with blogging - attracted as I have been by other bright and shiny things).   

It was a good Skype call with T who was filling me in on the political happenings at the Federal level,  specifically about how Juliar (note the introduction of the word "liar" at the end of her name - an intentional disparaging suffix by people wishing to discredit her - as though she wasn't seeming to do a good enough job of that herself!) had shored up her smallest of majorities by changing the Speaker of the House before she fell out with Andrew Wilkie (thereby losing his "vote") because she wouldn't endorse the anti-poker machine measures he was promised in exchange for his support when she was trying to form Government after the last election.  

Then it was off to the Markets to catch up with everyone - even though we had seen them only yesterday.   I think it's amazing that we can always find new and exciting things to talk about - and that the group is now so big even when people aren't there.   E,  visiting with his mother,  was more than a little surprised when he counted 14 of us around the table - or tables - and Mouse is incredible the way she manages to secure seating for everyone - and keep it even when people are wanting to take the chairs - "do you need these" they ask,  as Mouse sits alone (she's always early) and she assures them "yes (and then) some".

Today was lawn-mowing day and I had planned to do it around 4:30,  in the cool of the afternoon,  but by the time we arrived back at Latimers after lunch (at Soba So Good - a wonderful noodle place on Chevron Island which M has been meaning to get to for some time - but which S assured me was okay to go to without her because we were just "trying it") it was looking just a little overcast and S suggested an earlier mow.  So I did ... and had a wonderful Colorbond moment when I was done.  When I went near it, I so much wanted to try the electric fence to see if it was "on" - the last time I had touched it - by accident - it wasn't and M said there must be a break in the line - and it's amazing how reluctant one can be to touch a fence which "might" be live.  

The furries are good and Emma sat out with me this morning while I did the call with T.   The others were out there as well - strange for them all to be in the one vicinity - and it was only later that I noticed there was a cane toad treading water in one of the water bowls - which M kindly emptied and washed to get rid of the cane toad germs.   I saw an episode of LA Law once (many years ago) where residents in an aged care facility were licking cane toads to get a buzz from their hallucinogenic skin secretions.  I'm not sure if that's true - whether they would wash off into the water bowl - or if they would have the same effect on the furries - so it's better to err on the safe side!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment