Thursday, May 24, 2012

Monday

They're coming ... they're coming ... the Russians are coming - well, not all of them - just a crew from the Russian television station who will be filming Mouse in situ for the reunion show (only a couple of weeks until filming over there now!).

M has been visiting the travel agent and while I'm sure they think they are helping, their coming up with another option for the route/fare (making it three now) just adds another layer to the decision making, especially when the third option, if workable, represents a considerable saving!

Mouse had give me the puzzle books yesterday and rather than doing them then (okay, I forgot I had them but at least I'd put them somewhere obvious so I would see them and remember! ) I did them at work and this afternoon at home - knowing that since we were going in to Trivia at Southport RSL today, we could drop them off at the Bundall Mail Centre on the way home - which we did. It was funny because as we were going to pull in to the driveway there, our way was blocked by a large silver car. We went in the next driveway. I was glad I hadn't let loose a tirade on that driver because it turned out to be F - and we followed him out - who knew there was another exit?

He was still on a high after our win at Trivia. All the pieces fell into place this evening - we only missed four answers (one in a double round) - and picked the right double rounds - bringing our total to 75 out of a possible 80. I think Craig, the Trivia Master, was a bit taken aback because as he was reading out the scores, he hesitated before saying ours, and went over to confer with Dinah (the scorekeeper) to make sure it was 75! There were some collective "gasps" from the other teams as he read it out. I'm not sure why no-one came up to congratulate us on our win, but Dinah did mention that one of the other teams had questioned our score. We've been wracking our brains but can't remember if this is the highest score there's been since we started playing but it certainly is our best score.

No comments:

Post a Comment