Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thursday

We went in to Broadbeach this evening, to Pacific Fair. I had made an appointment for a haircut some weeks ago and finally it was time ... and not a day too soon. Ash-lee was a bit stunned that my hair had grown so much longer - and I have to agree that my hair does grow super-fast and super-thick - it always has. Some people say that beanies can lower a person's IQ, but, believe me, my hair, when it has been without cut, can have exactly the same effect.

Post-cut it was time to eat (it was getting quite late by then because my haircut had been at 7pm, and Ash-lee does a good job - but she does take a while). We decided to go to dinner on the way home - and called in at the new Thai place on Pappas Way. We have had takeaway from there once - M had picked it up on her way home ... I don't think it was that long after it opened. It was good then - and it was still good tonight. It was great to see people in there as well, because it's so easy for restaurants to fail - usually within a year of opening. That must be so heartbreaking for people.

We were lucky enough to see a kangaroo bounding across the road as we drove home. It has been a while since we saw one - too long! There haven't been many late night hare sightings either - although there was one in the last week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment